WCO Series Waterproof Systems
IP65/IP67 Apollo Lake Waterproof System
- Intel® Pentium® Processor N4200, Quad Core, 2MB Cache, 2.5 GHz 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz SODIMM
- Single display supported by 1x VGA (waterproof connector),
- 2x LAN by M12 X-Code 8-pin
- 1x RS-232/422/485 by M12 D-Code 8-pin, 1x USB 3.0, (waterproof connector), 2x USB 2.0 by M12 D-Code 6-pin
- 1x 128GB 2.5" SATA SSD and 2x mSATA
- 2x Full-size mini PCIe for communication or expansion module, 2x internal SIM socket
- Full system IP65/IP67 level dustproof & waterproof
- 9 to 50VDC wide range power input
- -40°C to 70°C extended operating temperature
The importance of IP65/IP67
Although water in the purest form will not conduct electricity, it is quickly contaminated with mineral and will be the worst enemy for any electrical components. With proper enclosure, embedded system can be protected from the threat of water. Ingress protection (IP) rating provides standard tests to determine the electrical component’s enclosure on protection against water, dust, and solid object.
IP65 and IP67 enclosures are level 6 in solid object protection. They are dust tight with no dust ingression.
For IP65, water projected by a nozzle against the enclosure will have no harmful effect. The interior of WCO Series IP65 can be easily accessed to do upgrade installation. For outdoor applications such as digital surveillance, traffic light control, and digital signage are often exposed to changing weather conditions. These embedded systems, if they not carefully design to handle all these threats, will not last long. The sun can generate high temperature heat to damage the electrical components. Rain and moisture can slowly seep through the enclosure. Dust can be collected inside the enclosure and create a conductive sludge. However, the WCO Series IP65, with its extruded aluminum enclosure and wide range operating temperature, can expose itself to most weather conditions with no harm.
To extend the possibility of IP65 applications further, IP67 systems can be immersed into water up to 1 meter for a duration of 30 minutes. For example, flood is the number one weather-related killer in the United States. When there was flood, the system would mostly be in the water. IP65 system will not able to handle this type of condition. This is where IP67 shines. Unlike the IP65 model, the WCO Series IP67 enclosure is not easily accessible. These systems need to have special machine operation and technique to ensure a proper enclosure. Achieving IP67 is not an easy task and its application is not common. The WCO Series IP67 is one of the few embedded systems that can achieve IP67, capable of providing the best protection to all critical data.
Robust M12 Connector
M12 connector is standardized under IEC 61076-2-101. It is an ideal solution to establish a solid, compact, reliable connection. Just like the WCO Series, the M12 connector is IP67. It is rugged, dust tight, and waterproof. M12 and the WCO Series provide an all-around protection for the system under the harshest environment.
Easy Installation and User-friendly
Parts in the WCO Series IP65 can be easily disassemble and change without special equipments. Versatile wall-mount option is available to secure the system in tight space.
Cable-less and Fanless Design
- Prevent cabling signal degradation and latency
- High shock & vibration tolerance
- No more cable routing & cable matching problems
- Prevent failure / repair / replacement caused by fan part
- Venting holes no longer needed
- Extended MTBF
- No noise
- Over voltage protection
- Over current protection
- Reverse protection
All of our embedded IPCs support extended temperature to allow application in difficult and harsh environment.