Safer Mining Automation with Industrial PCs
According to the National Mining Association, total U.S. mining fatalities are at the lowest point in the last decade. Much of this is attributed to the increased adoption of mining automation through industrial PCs. Mine sites leverage strict confinement to create a highly controllable environment that have allowed full- or semi-autonomous equipment to operate essentially incident-free.Learn More About Autonomous Mining
Automating the Connected Mine
Versatile industrial PCs operating within the distributed control system (DCS) consolidate workloads to streamline operations, develop efficiencies and reduce the hardware footprint at the rugged environment. Mining automation with industrial PCs integrated at facilities, equipment and vehicles removes operators from hazardous or mundane duties, instead developing a highly-skilled crew through safe, rewarding tasks. With safety as a top concern, shifting mining operations to more efficient automation helps keep mining operators out of harm's way and in safe underground control rooms.
Fanless & Cable-less
Shock And Vibration
Industrial Embedded Computer
VCO-6131E-4M2 AI Edge Inference Computer with 8th/9th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor, 4x Hotswap M.2 NVMe
Engineered for holistic inference analysis to enable AI at the rugged edge. The AI Edge Inference Computer incorporates advanced processing, rich GPU support and scalable, hot-swappable NVMe into versatile, rugged hardware for volatile, unsparing settings.
- Supports Intel® 9th Gen. CFL-R S Processors and Q370 chipset
- Innovative NVMe support via four hot-swappable trays
- High-speed IoT via 10GbE, 5G, USB 3.2 Gen 2
- Data immediacy for reflexive hyperintelligence
- Fanless, reliable design for the rugged edge
Embedded and Industrial Computers
Compact yet comprehensive mining compute solutions. Enable mining automation with industrial PCs built for rugged conditions.
- Quiet, fanless heat dispersion
- Shock and vibration tolerance
- Wide operating temperature
- High I/O flexibility
- IoT connectivity ready
The WCO Waterproof Edge Computer series deliver strong real-time processing and IoT connectivity to mine sites and processing facilities with extreme liquid exposure.
- IP65 and IP67 rated sealings accommodate water contact and upgrade needs
- Waterproof ports and M12 connectors and for reliable peripheral unions
- Extended temperature range
- Safeguards for over voltage, over current and polarity reversal
- Fanless design avoids vulnerable venting
Industrial GPU Computers
The powerful combination of CPU and accelerated GPU parallel compute takes inference analysis and AI processing to the edges of the DCS, processing facilities and treacherous environments.
- NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti graphics engine built on NVIDIA Pascal™ architecture
- Support for GPUs as advanced as RTX 2060 Super
- AI, deep learning, language recognition, autonomy enablement
- Rich multi-functional I/O ports and PCIe expandability
- Real-time edge processing and automation reduce network load
Local edge processing and wireless connectivity give mining operators valuable vehicle telematics insight and automation capabilities in harsh remote and mobile deployments.
- Power Ignition Management safely shuts down computer after vehicle turnoff
- Wide temperature, shock and vibration tolerance for turbulent vehicle usage
- Wireless connectivity for remote monitoring and IoT versatility
- CE, FCC, E-Mark, EMC Conformity, EN50155 & 50121-3-2 certified
- Ample PoE+ ports for low-power onboard peripherals and surveillance camera
Rugged Edge Computers
Ruggedized architecture enables serious edge compute power for DCS operations. Real-time local data processing relieves network consumption and reduces latency for critical data processing and automatic response systems.
- Scalable CPU performance from Pentium to Core i5
- Rich I/O expandability via PoE, PCI, PCIe, COM to consolidate mining workloads
- Wireless connectivity for cloud resources, remote operation and dedicated mining networks
- Trusted platform module (TPM 2.0) secures devices and platforms at the hardware level
- Wide voltage input compatibility
Embedded rugged computers for dedicated processing of visual data for precise material classification, responsive surveillance and optically-guided vehicles and equipment.
- Durable, compact architecture for simple integration in rough surroundings
- Quiet fanless design extends device lifetime
- Ruggedized for areas of extreme temperatures, shock and vibration
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular connectivity
- Easy installation and user-friendly development
Computing At the Edge
Powerful computing has brought the ancient labor of mining into the Industry 4.0 fold. Through mining automation with industrial PCs, purpose-built computers support the DCS by aggregating and processing data close to the source and subordinate devices for safer, more efficient operations. Ruggedized hardware with reinforced features allows reliable integration in volatile, hazardous settings.Learn More About Rugged Edge
Connectivity For the Edge
Seamless connectivity supplies rapid, reliable communication to mining automation through industrial PCs hosting a rich combination of physical and wireless connection technologies. Reinforced physical I/O connections join legacy and leading-edge equipment to data processing and control hardware, streamlining enterprise DCS integration. Wireless technologies enable smooth data sharing between devices and workstations on the DCS. Strong connectivity supports Remote Operating Systems (ROS) that keep mine operators out of treacherous areas, ensuring a top-level overview for strict safety standards.Learn More About Connecting At The Edge
Inference Analysis And Machine Learning
Inference analysis lends powerful parallel compute capabilities to complex data processing across numerous layers of mining operations. Inference analysis accelerates mining automation with industrial PCs processing vast data inputs to unearth fresh efficiencies, yield greater accuracy and deliver a higher ROI than standard computing allows. Localized inferencing and real-time computing depend on a significant amount of data collection for machine learning models. These algorithmic models can provide more automation, productivity and operational efficiency in extremely dangerous mining environments. Machine intelligence can help provide better insights and decision-making in highly reliable site prospecting, materials classification, resource management and systems autonomy processes at every mining stage.Learn More About Inference Analysis
Rugged NVR computers deployed at mine sites process video data from low-power PoE cameras to recognize, record and respond to aberrations in worker behavior, mine conditions and equipment performance to alert engineers and launch appropriate actions.
Inference analysis enhances mining automation with industrial PCs trained to understand visual data and make decisions accordingly. Letting equipment safely operate without human monitoring to carry out dangerous or mundane tasks, workers can be reallocated to higher-skilled positions.
Parallel compute capabilities instantly process geospatial data to create a virtual mine instrumental to the mapping, planning, construction, operation and closure of the site.
Visual data is closely analyzed and processed with various location data to determine a site’s suitability and profitability for mining. Throughout mining operation and processing, computer vision accurately identifies valuable materials among gangue.
Always-On Safety Monitoring
Situational awareness systems provide crucial safety to mining automation with industrial PCs constantly aggregating data pertaining to mine structural integrity, atmospheric conditions and equipment states.
Computer systems closely monitor the location of workers to ensure safe passage and avoidance of hazardous areas. Personnel tracking systems can also help identify when a worker needs emergency assistance, allowing help to quickly locate and intervene.
Computing for the Connected Mine
Prospecting / Exploration
Mining engineers rely heavily on geologic investigations gathering statistical and survey information to intelligently predict suitable locations for mining. Robust computing solutions process a wealth of site data and samples to run survey analyses determining profitability and feasibility for mining.
Mine-Site Design / Planning
Once the site has been chosen, mining engineers set to designing the right mine for the job. Mine planning applications aggregate site data to devise safe, efficient and environmentally responsible mining operations at the elected site.
Access roads, facility buildings, worker lodgings and other various infrastructure need to be built to support mining operations. Rugged computers built to perform in harsh conditions integrated into vehicles and machinery ensure intelligent control and reliable connectivity serving the project’s distributed control system (DCS).
With preparation completed, the work of drilling, excavating, hauling and processing can begin. Virtually every production function in the connected mine can be completed via AI-driven computer automation to deliver greater efficiency and safety. Mines can operate for more than a decade, and versatile, intelligent hardware can optimize processes as time goes on.
Closure / Reclamation
Long before the mining project is determined to be completed, engineers begin the process of responsibly restoring the land values. Data logged and processed at the distributed control system (DCS) help ensure plans are drafted at the onset and continually refined to ensure the environmental impact of the operation is within sustainable levels.
HMI for Effective Engagement
Durable, intuitive HMI components provide DCS operators interactive system display and control tools. Industrial touch panel PCs deployed at mining system control points, ROS locations and monitoring stations enable natural interaction and rich visual representation of mine site and operational data. With strong connectivity and powerful processing, HMIs allow operators to control or automate equipment from safe locations, while ruggedized features brace HMIs for environments with extreme, rigorous conditions.Why Upgrade to Industrial HMIs?
Sending connected unmanned machines into hazardous areas allows operators to safety conduct virtually any mining function from a safe location. Connected HMI systems enable nimble interaction to closely monitor the operating environment and equipment state.
Vibrant visual representation of mine outlays and equipment location data offer an informative, realtime glimpse into positioning and trajectory information. Precise navigation visuals permit greater asset management while tracking operator movements.
HMIs lend hands-on control to DCS systems and components through responsive touch interaction. HMIs can directly manipulate system equipment or provide a versatile go-between for dispatched edge computers.
Industrial Panel PCs and Touch Monitors
Waterproof Touchscreen Computer
The stainless steel WIO Waterproof Touchscreen Computer is ruggedized and optimized for rough, remote and subterranean interface display applications.
- Corrosion resistance for wet, caustic environments
- Wireless connectivity for remote operations and cloud resources
- Rugged enclosure provides lightweight strength
- IP66 rated sealing prevents water and dust intrusion
- Scratch-resistant, glove-friendly PCAP touchscreen
Washdown Touchscreen Computer
Stainless steel and IP66/IP69K rating equip the SIO series for HMI operations in areas with strict hygiene demands to ensure quality and product purity. The SIO withstands intense washdowns that uphold sanitation standards in refineries and processing plants.
- Type 316 stainless steel rugged enclosure avoids corrosion from vast range of caustic media
- IP66/IP69K rated sealing sustains high-pressure, high-temperature washdowns
- Resistive and glove-friendly PCAP touchscreens available
- Yoke, VESA and panel mount flexibility
- Straight AC-in power eliminates additional converters, streamlining deployments
Industrial Touch Panel PC and Monitor
Modular panel display bundled with either an embedded PC unit or a display control module for optimal flexibility and scalability.
- IP65-rated display panel resists forcible water and dust contact
- Fanless design extends device MTBF
- Resistive and PCAP touchscreens available
- Dual built-in speakers
- Aluminum die-cast enclosure withstands harsh conditions