Collect, Store, Manage, and Analyze Data
for Autonomous Vehicles and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Developing and improving autonomous vehicle systems and driver assistance systems (ADAS) requires massive real-world data from the various high-resolution cameras and vehicle sensors to train AV (autonomous vehicle) and ADAS (advanced driver assistant systems) algorithms. Obtaining this data requires purpose-built computing solutions capable of storing and recording data in real-time with speed and accuracy.
Premio offers AI Edge Inference computers that are engineered for autonomous vehicle fleets and ADAS data deployments. Our AI Edge inference computers leverage the latest technologies in compute, storage, and connectivity to accelerate machine learning and real-time inference in the harshest environmental settings on and off the road.What is an Autonomous Vehicle Data Computer?
A Need for Speed. Scalable Hardware Acceleration for Miles of Autonomy
Autonomous Vehicle and ADAS Data Capture and Storage Computers are designed with powerful multi-core processors, ultra-fast NVMe SSD (solid-state drive) storage, graphic engines, and high-speed connectivity to process and store incredible amounts of data generated by vehicle sensors and high resolutions cameras on the road. With more and more test vehicles being deployed, it’s critical that autonomous vehicles manufactures leverage reliable computing solutions to ensure stable development for test drives.
Power Multi-Core Processors
Ultra-fast NVMe SSD
High speed Connectivity
Modular and Flexible EDGEBoost Nodes
Premio’s ruggedized computing solutions are capable of capturing, processing, and storing terabytes of data generated from autonomous vehicles equipped with ADAS and smart IoT sensors. These purpose-built computing solutions can assist with autonomous vehicle development for data acquisition, logging test miles and IoT senor validation for in-vehicle deployments.
Discover EDGEBoost Nodes
ADAS and Autonomous Vehicle Data Recording Computers
The primary function of ADAS and AV computing solutions is to record raw data generated from high-resolution cameras, radar, lidar, GPS, from automotive networks and fleet vehicles. Valuable data is collected, aggregated and then offloaded from the system for further analytics. Intelligent algorithms use this data to train and enable a neural network for smarter and safer vehicles. By using AI edge inference computers for data acquisition, autonomous vehicle manufactures can track and improve intelligence through the different stages of vehicle autonomy.Learn More About The 5 Stages Of Autonomous Driving
3 Stages in the Data Pipeline
How connected Cars and Test Vehicles Use Data
Data Ingest Stage
Consist of a mixed data from a variety of sensors on the vehicles, requiring raw storage Input/output per second (IOPS)
Data Processing Stage
The data from the ingest stage is processed for metadata tagging which requires random I/O performance from storage devices
Data Training Stage
The training stage uses data for training and relies on powerful GPUs combined with robust computing solutions that provide low latency and random read throughput from the storage media.
The Benefit for Inference and Training at the Edge
The future of autonomous vehicles requires a wealth of data. New and emerging solutions provide the necessary infrastructure for high-performance compute as well as the successful deployment for intelligent training models. AI Edge Inference computers accelerate autonomous vehicle developments by addressing challenges in data logging and acquisition, inference analysis with real-time processing, and the ability to run machine learning models at the edge.
- Collect valuable data from devices that range from camera, radar, lidar, sonar, GPS, and CAN networks to further train neural networks
- Deploy machine learning algorithms closer to IoT sensors for better insight and intelligence
- Deliver low-latency results and real-time decision making with purpose-built hardware acceleration
Learn More About Inference and AI Modeling
Popular Sensor Technologies for Autonomous Vehicles and ADAS
Fully Integrated Microcontroller Units
For AV/ADAS Data Capture and Storage Computers
Powerful Multi-Core Processing
ADAS and autonomous vehicle computing solutions are equipped with powerful multi-core processors, providing systems with plenty of power to process and compute the Terabytes of data from a variety of sensors and high-resolution cameras.
Learn More About Hardware Accelerators
High-resolution cameras and sensors can generate ~4TB+ of data per vehicle per day. With such an enormous amount of data generation, vehicle computing solutions must be equipped with high capacity, high-speed SSD storage options that deliver high-performance and low latency. Modern day storage technology provide durable read/write options for a variety of random IOPS with incredible speed.
Learn More About NVMe
The computing solution must support multiple interfaces to log data from a variety of sensors. For this reason, ADAS and AV computers are equipped with plenty of I/O ports, such as USB Type-A ports, Serial COM ports, Gigabit Ethernet ports, PoE+ ports, GPIO, and video output ports, enabling connectivity to sensors, cameras, and vehicle buses and networks.
Learn More About Industrial I/O ports
ADAS and AV computing solutions are equipped with wired and wireless connectivity technologies, such as Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 6, and Cellular 4G, LTE, and 5G connectivity. Multiple connectivity options allow the computing solution to remain connected to the internet to offload mission-critical data to the cloud as well as for the system to receive over-the-air updates.
Learn More About Wireless Technologies
ADAS and AV recording computers are equipped with CANBus support to log vehicle data from vehicle buses and networks. Data logged from CANBus include vehicle speed, engine RPM, wheel speed, steering angle, and various other rich data that can provide real-time insight and valuable information about the vehicle.
Learn More About CANBus Network And Technology
ADAS and Autonomous Vehicle data recording computers are designed to endure challenging vehicle deployments where systems will be exposed to impacts, vibrations, extreme temperatures, dust, and other environmental challenges.
Learn More About Essential Computing Hardware Requirements For Edge Computing
Why Choose Premio For Rugged Edge Computers
- Premio offers purpose-built in vehicle solutions capable of capturing and storing data required for developing and improving ADAS and Autonomous Vehicle algorithms.
- 30+ years of extensive design expertise for industrial computing solutions in x86 compute power, storage, rich I/O, and high-speed connectivity
- Global turnkey manufacturing and support infrastructure in the USA to accelerate deployment of ADAS data capture and storage solutions and Autonomous Vehicle data capture and storage solutions.
- Deep understanding of the computing power, storage requirements, and connectivity required for ADAS computing solutions and Autonomous Vehicle data capture and storage solutions.
- Regulatory testing and compliance for rugged industrial computers deployed in vehicle in the North America Market.
Scalable Computing Solutions as Your Vehicle Data Grows
AI Edge Inference Computer
Deploy machine learning and run proven inference detection with ruggedized computing solutions purpose-built to deliver the highest-performance in processing (CPU & GPU), NVMe storage, and advanced connectivity
- Supports Intel® 9th Gen. CFL-R S Processors and Q370 chipset
- Innovative NVMe support via lockable and hot swappable cannister bricks
- High-speed IoT via 10GbE, 5G, USB 3.2 Gen 2
- Data immediacy for reflexive hyperintelligence
- Module EDGEBoost Nodes for Inference and Machine Learning
- Power Ignition Management for in-vehicle settings
- Ruggedized Design for Harsh IoT Deployments
Purpose-built and compliant for intelligent transportation and automotive applications requiring strict compliance for in-vehicle computing hardware
- Compact in-vehicle fanless computer with high performance
- Support Intel® Core™ 6th/7th generation processors
- High Performance
- Built-in ignition on delay control and battery voltage monitoring
- Support up to 18x LAN, 16x PoE
- CAN Bus Transportation Protocol
- RAID 5 for storage protection
- Certified with CE, FCC, E-Mark, EMC Conformity, EN50155 & 50121-3-2
Small Form Factor Computers
Purpose-built computing hardware to meet the toughest demands in rugged, mobile, and remote applications that require decentralized processing as close to data generation.
- Available in superior computing performance and low power segment (Supports 5th/6th/7th Gen Intel® Core® Processors)
- Designed for vertical market application
- Power ignition management built-in
- Certification ready
- Fanless & Cable-less design
- Extreme high I/O flexibility enabled by unique modular design
- Wide range power input supporting AT/ATX modes
- Extended operating temperature support
HMI Panel PC and Industrial Monitors
Integrate IP Rated All-In-One touchscreen displays to assist with automation and efficiency for in-line production equipment in the harshest IoT data processing applications
- Modular design for panel pc and touch monitor
- IP65 Rated for dust and water intrusion
- Easy plug and play for edge computing
- Full-HD resolutions for best display quality
- 10" to 22" PCAP or resistive touch screens
- LTE and Wi-Fi Support
- Car/PC Mode for 24VDC support
- Power Ignition Management