Workload Consolidation at IoT Edge
Embedded Computing Design Shares Premio Inc's expertise on why workload consolidation matters at the "Rugged Edge." Below is a quick summary but see the full story directly from Embeddded Computing design, the go-to destination for information regarding embedded design and development for Industry 4.0 / IoT.
- Premio’s embedded and edge computers play a significant role for robust compute, storage, and IoT connectivity in a variety of industrial automation and manufacturing workloads. Each family of embedded computers offer an industrial-grade solution that is validated and certified to operate under wide temperatures, wide voltages, and meet the MIL-810G shock and vibration standards. Scale your factory automation and complex computing needs with dedicated computing hardware to ensure mission-critical reliability and real-time processing.
- Decentralization of workloads away from the cloud for real-time processing are shaping business opportunities for IoT connectivity and Edge Computing. As a result, extremely rugged embedded computers and industrial computers are high in demand to meet real-time processing capabilities for better workload consolidation through standardized interfaces, especially in the Industry 4.0 technology utilization.
At embedded world 2020, Dustin Seetoo, Director of Product Marketing at Premio and C&T Solutions, explains how increased demand for artificial intelligence and machine learning at the edge are driving demand for edge computing in fanless, rugged embedded computers.
Top 5 Embedded Computing Design Requirements for IoT and Edge Deployments
- Fanless and Silent Designs for Better Reliability
- One-Piece, Cableless, and Validated to endure Shock and Vibration
- Extended Operating Temperature Range for Harsh Environments
- Wide-Voltage Power Protection
- Modular and Expandable I/O options designed for workload consolidation
Market Verticals Premio Provides Embedded Computing Solutions for:
- Industrial IoT (IIoT)
- Industrial Automation
- Machine Vision and Metrology Inspection
- Self-Service Kiosk
- Public Transportation
- Security and Surveillance