A Thought Leadership Discussion about How Surveillance Technologies are Trending into Rugged Edge Deployments
Why this b2b Podcast is beneficial for NVR Surveillance Markets?
- Organizations are realizing the benefits to expanding their IoT surveillance network edges into remote, mobile and volatile environments, where challenging physical conditions and logistics often hinder or prevent the ability to deploy robust compute power close to the video source.
- Premio Inc's product marketing team addressed changes in security IoT trends and technologies in the latest installment of MarketScale’s Software & Technology podcast. The topics discussed revolve around how the company has met industry needs with rugged computing solutions.
- The global solutions provider specializing in computing technology from the edge to the cloud , spoke about key trends and real-world examples for Rugged NVR Computer solutions; also highlighted the main advantages it brings to the surveillance market.
- Rugged NVR Computers are picking up popularity in edge computing deployments for their rugged and reliable performance. The devices are purpose-built to deliver robust compute power and support rich video analytics in severe environments.
Five Takeaways from the Rugged NVR Computer Solution Podcast
1. What is the "Rugged Edge"?
Decentralized distributed systems that can process data close to the sources of origination are edge systems. Edge systems yield substantial performance advantages by reducing reliance on cloud resources that can add network complexity and latency. Decentralized deployments in environments with conditions inconducive to traditional compute hardware are at the rugged edge. Rugged edge deployments can be moving, remote or subject to physical extremes.
“There really is no right or wrong in the decentralization or centralization of computing resources...it really focuses on a hybrid-model that is defined by the applications and understanding how to balance critical data workloads”
2. Why Is Surveillance Expanding into the Rugged Edge?
Improvements in IP camera technology, reduced costs of ownership, increases in accountability and the fresh business insights and performance optimizations gleaned from video data inference analyses are pushing surveillance out to the rugged edge. Hardened connected devices with versatile connectivity features allow NVR computer devices into mobile settings like in-vehicle systems, remote deployments and volatile industrial and manufacturing surroundings.
3. What is Driving the Decentralization of NVR Computers?
IP camera technology advancements come in the shape of higher-resolution, higher-frame-rate generation. With these increases, their data payload increases sizably, placing greater demands on network resources. Within these pixels lay rich visual data capable of providing deep situational awareness, actionable business insights and process optimizations. By deploying rugged NVR computers in the surveilled environment for recording, storage and video analytics, latency is avoided to deliver real-time processing and system responses.
4. How Has Premio Set Reliability Standards with Rugged NVR Computers?
Premio’s Rugged NVR Computers are rated for enduring shock, impact, movement and vibration, making them ideal for mobile or volatile environments. Waterproof models are rated I65 or I67 for various levels of liquid exposure. Fanless, cableless designs remove prominent failure points affecting traditional edge compute hardware. PoE+ ports support strategic placement of low-power cameras and devices in positions without available electricity. Versatile wireless connectivity features like 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth ensure continuous communication with the cloud, outside networks and paired devices. Powerful GPUs deliver parallel compute for machine learning inference analysis at the edge for system improvements and automation. TPM 2.0 technology provides resilient device security at the hardware level. In a previous blog post about rugged edge computing, embedded engineering experts provide the 5 Must Have Hardware Requirements for Rugged Edge Computing
5. What New Developments Will Generate More Demand for Rugged NVR Computers?
The spread of Smart cities and adoption of Industry 4.0 are going to lead to zetabytes of fresh data that will need to be efficiently processed for connected systems to utilize their valuable insights. Many of the surveillance systems deployed will be mobile or exposed to severe physical conditions that will require Rugged NVR Computers to aggregate, analyze and act on the visual data locally and leverage it for better workload consolidation.