Feature-rich, scalable solutions at a lower unit cost
As one of Canada’s top tech companies delivers software-based DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management (DDI) solutions enabling their customers to build and manage their most complex network infrastructure. The DDI solutions provider wanted next generation XMB servers, capable of handling 64-bit instruction and virtualization and the solution needed to support port redundancy, remote manageability, and scalability.
Fully-branded, next-gen hardware, tailored to the customer
Paying careful attention to their requirements, Premio's product engineering team developed custom hardware to meet their needs, including:
- A custom designed Intel Bay Trail based SBC system board and a mini-PCIe dual Ethernet port add-on card for next-generation XMB product performance.
- A retooled XMB chassis design with a quad Ethernet port, ATX power.
- Custom SBC firmware to support SMBIOS remote management features and ACPI power management functions under Debian Linux.
- PWN fans to better manage system thermal performance.
- A low-power E3800 processor with Level-6 high efficiency power adapter.
- A special lite-up front LED 3D logo design to align with the branding signature of current DDI server product lines.
To make sure the client had exactly what they needed, Premio also conducted a thermal simulation to fine tune system design to accommodate more components without increased chassis dimension.
Triple-digit increases in performance and pre-orders
With Premio’s upgraded hardware, the client saw a 300% increase system performance and a 100% increase Ethernet port density, along with a 50% reduction in power consumption and a 70% reduction in heat emissions. The system MTBF was also improved by 30%. The cleint's customers can now port their software applications with more selling features and, as a result, BlueCat has seen pre-orders jump 200%.
[ddownload id="4245"] CASE STUDY: Leading DDI Solutions Provider